Shop Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
Shop days: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 10:30-13:00 and 12:30-15:00
These shifts are during opening hours of the shop and involve interaction with our customers, other volunteers, and members of staff.
• communicating the way that the BFC works to new customers
• helping customers sign up to become members
• greeting customers
• distributing tickets to customers
• chaperoning customers with their shop, adhering to shop guidelines
• operating the till - money handling and understanding of basic retail IT system
• quality control: checking and grading fresh food throughout the day
• visual merchandising the shop floor in compliance with our shop policy
• daily cleaning tasks
• replenishing stock as and when needed
• delivering friendly, inclusive customer service
• maintaining good levels of hygiene in the shop and kitchen.